George J. Trappey IV, M.D., is originally from New Iberia, Louisiana. He received his Bachelor of Science degree from Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge and earned his Medical Degree from LSU Health Sciences Center in Shreveport. He completed an orthopaedic surgery residency at Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte, North Carolina, and a fellowship in shoulder and elbow reconstruction surgery at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston Medical School.
During his fellowship, Dr. Trappey was involved in numerous research studies at the Foundation for Orthopaedic, Athletic and Reconstructive Research in Houston. He is board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons. Dr. Trappey joined the Center for Orthopaedics in 2010.
Dr. Trappey’s areas of specialization include:
- General orthopaedics
- Sports medicine
- Arthroscopic shoulder reconstruction (including arthroscopic rotator cuff repairs)
- Total shoulder replacement
- Reverse total shoulder replacement
- Arthroscopic ACL reconstruction
- Arthroscopic meniscal repair
- Anterior total hip replacement
- Total knee replacement
- Carpal tunnel & trigger finger releases
- Fracture management